In the fall of 2014, Jacobson Funeral Home has expended its facility by 1,600 square feet by adding on a new visitation/funeral chapel room. This area will be able to accommodate up to 200 people for services, all in one room. We are pleased to be able to continue to provide a home-like atmosphere within this new addition.
The Jacobson Funeral Home, as it has been known since the 1970's, was established in 1948, as the Swanson Funeral Home, directed by Emil Swanson. Then it became the Wittum Funeral Home, directed by Harry Wittum for over 25 years.
In June of 1999 Susan Jacobs purchased the Jacobson Funeral Home in L'Anse from Dean Jacobson, director and owner of the funeral home since the 1970's.
Also in June of 1999 Susan Jacobs purchased the Sirard Funeral Home in Baraga from Roger Sirard, owner and director, who established the Sirard Funeral Home in the 1970's. In 2000, the Sirard Funeral Home business combined with Jacobson Funeral Home to better serve the community.